Welcome to Project FG767. A project aimed at creating a GPL licensed model similar to the 767-300 aircraft for the open source/free software FlightGear simulator.
- Have fun.
- Help the FlightGear community with a new aircraft.
- Attempt to create “showcase” aircraft.
- Improve NASAL programming skills.
- Improve Blender 3D modelling skills.
Why the 767-300:
- Technical documentation available.
- Relatively simple systems ( compared to modern FBW )
- Photo reference widely available.
- An “easy” fuselage and wing that is reatively easy and quick to model using Blender.
- Create a detailed and accurate 3D model of the aircraft, including a virtual cockpit.
- Create detailed and high quality textures.
- Develop fully functional aircraft systems to closely match the real aircraft.
- Develop an FDM that provides at least plausible realism compared to the real aircraft’s behaviour.
The project is still at it’s early stages, this means it is not available yet to contribute to. Stay tuned.